I am always on the hunt for something quick to make on those busy days where you have to work late or your just way to tired to actually make something fancy. Bagel bites are something that I have eaten since I was a kid. I would always see the bagel bites commercial on tv when I got home from school so my brother and I were so excited to eat them as a snack when my mom finally caved and bought a box from the frozen section at the grocery store. Since then I have upgraded and now make my own quick homemade version of the frozen treat. It’s not as fast as opening the freezer and placing the frozen treat on a baking tray in the oven, but it’s still quick and equally as delicious. All you need are english muffins, my favorite are from Trader Joe’s, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and all of your favorite toppings.
- English muffins
- Mozzarella cheese
- Tomato sauce (any brand will do)
- Black olives
- Garlic salt
- Red chili flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut each english muffin in half (one muffin makes two bagel bites).
- Before I put the sauce on each half of muffin, I like to sprinkle so either garlic powder or garlic salt onto each muffin for some add flavor.
- Spread about a spoonful of sauce onto each muffin half.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Now the fun part, toppings!! You can add whatever toppings you like. I prefer olives, a little bit on onions, and sometimes I will add pieces of pepperoni or pancetta.
- Once you add your desired toppings place in the oven for 10 mins or until all the cheese as melted.
I hope that you enjoy my quick treat for those days that you just need something simple!
I am originally from California so I have a deep love of Mexican food, but here in Seattle it’s hard to find a decent place that serves good mexican. But we always have fresh seafood and I am always looking for ways to make my meals a little lighter. So I thought why not combine my love of mexican, spicy, and make a cute fun version of a shrimp cocktail. This is a fun meal to eat just for dinner or to serve as a light appetizer if you have a few guests over. Its super simple and quick to make!
Ingredients: Serves about 4
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp of taco seasoning
- 1/2 pound peeled and devained large shrimp
- 1/2 diced avocado
- 1/2 lime
- 1 cup cooked corn (I used a frozen bag of colorful corn and cooked it according to the bag)
- In a bowl mix together the chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Toss the shrimp into the spice mixture and make sure everything is coated.
- You can use a grill but I don’t have one so I heated up a grill pan on med-high heat and spray it with some cooking spray
- Place the shirmp on the grill pan and sear until are cooked through, about 2min per side. remove from the pan and let them cool down a little.
- In a bowl combine the corn, avocado, shrimp, taco seasoning, lime juice and toss together
- Divide the shrimp into cocktail glasses and garnish with a lime wedge!! I used these cute hybrid wine/martini glasses that I picked up at Home Goods
Lately I have been obsessing with protein shakes. And I find that they are a must when trying to include more protein into your diet. This protein smoothie includes some chocolate protein powder and all my favorites to make this delicious healthy snack!
I am not a huge fan of mixing protein powder and water and then drinking it, more power to you if you can, but for me it’s a little too chalky tasting. So I want to share my way of masking that taste as much as possible, and for me thats a smoothie! As an added bonus this smoothie makes me feel full and can help curb your sweet tooth as well as including some yummy fruits into your diet!
xoxo Thank you for visiting and I hope you enjoy my recipe!!
- 1 Banana
- A handful of fresh berries. (I used some strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries)
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt (you can use plain but I love Oikos vanilla greek yogurt it’s amazing with granola!)
- 1 spoonful of Peanut Butter (almond butter is best but I ran out so I just used what I had)
- 1 Scoop of chocolate Protein Powder (I use Muscle Milk)
- Combine all of your ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
p.s: If the consistency of your smoothy is a little too thick blend in a little water to think it out a little.
And Voila!! Pour it into your favorite glass or a cute mason jar, I got mine at Tjmax, and you have a yummy healthy snack or a pre/post workout treat!