I am always on the hunt for something quick to make on those busy days where you have to work late or your just way to tired to actually make something fancy. Bagel bites are something that I have eaten since I was a kid. I would always see the bagel bites commercial on tv when I got home from school so my brother and I were so excited to eat them as a snack when my mom finally caved and bought a box from the frozen section at the grocery store. Since then I have upgraded and now make my own quick homemade version of the frozen treat. It’s not as fast as opening the freezer and placing the frozen treat on a baking tray in the oven, but it’s still quick and equally as delicious. All you need are english muffins, my favorite are from Trader Joe’s, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and all of your favorite toppings.
- English muffins
- Mozzarella cheese
- Tomato sauce (any brand will do)
- Black olives
- Garlic salt
- Red chili flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut each english muffin in half (one muffin makes two bagel bites).
- Before I put the sauce on each half of muffin, I like to sprinkle so either garlic powder or garlic salt onto each muffin for some add flavor.
- Spread about a spoonful of sauce onto each muffin half.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Now the fun part, toppings!! You can add whatever toppings you like. I prefer olives, a little bit on onions, and sometimes I will add pieces of pepperoni or pancetta.
- Once you add your desired toppings place in the oven for 10 mins or until all the cheese as melted.
I hope that you enjoy my quick treat for those days that you just need something simple!
I am originally from California so I have a deep love of Mexican food, but here in Seattle it’s hard to find a decent place that serves good mexican. But we always have fresh seafood and I am always looking for ways to make my meals a little lighter. So I thought why not combine my love of mexican, spicy, and make a cute fun version of a shrimp cocktail. This is a fun meal to eat just for dinner or to serve as a light appetizer if you have a few guests over. Its super simple and quick to make!
Ingredients: Serves about 4
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp of taco seasoning
- 1/2 pound peeled and devained large shrimp
- 1/2 diced avocado
- 1/2 lime
- 1 cup cooked corn (I used a frozen bag of colorful corn and cooked it according to the bag)
- In a bowl mix together the chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Toss the shrimp into the spice mixture and make sure everything is coated.
- You can use a grill but I don’t have one so I heated up a grill pan on med-high heat and spray it with some cooking spray
- Place the shirmp on the grill pan and sear until are cooked through, about 2min per side. remove from the pan and let them cool down a little.
- In a bowl combine the corn, avocado, shrimp, taco seasoning, lime juice and toss together
- Divide the shrimp into cocktail glasses and garnish with a lime wedge!! I used these cute hybrid wine/martini glasses that I picked up at Home Goods
I love pie.. I think that it is a dessert that can be eaten any time no matter the occasion. Last year I visited Mt. Rainier in Washington with my family and on our way home we stopped at this little mom & pop restaurant cafe and I had the most amazing pie I have ever had. Ever since then I have been craving blackberry pie. For the past few month I have been trying and tweeking pie recipes, and I finally came up with my own version of blackberry pie with a twist.
I have never been a fan off making my own pie crust I find it so tedious and not very fun lol. So I bought a pie crust, but I am sure this pie would taste even better, if I didn’t decide to be lazy, if I made the crust from scratch.
The twist to this recipe is that instead of only using blackberries I added a few raspberries to the mixture to just add some depth of berry flavor to the pie. I found when I only used blackberries I didn’t like pie as much..Just my own personal preference, but you can leave out the raspberries and just use blackberries alone.
Cut out and a piece and serve with some vanilla bean ice cream and enjoy!!
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 5 cups of blackberries
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 2 tsp of butter cut into pieces
- In large bowl, mix sugar, flour, and stir in blackberries and raspberries until everything is coated.
- Spoon into pastry-lined pie plate.
- Place your cut butter pieces on top of the blackberry mixture.
- Cover with top pastry that has slits cut in it; and seal the edges with a fork. (you can make the crust cover into any design you like I did a criss cross weave top for some extra cuteness!)
- Cover the crust edge with 2- to 3-inch strip of foil to prevent excessive browning on the edges.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust, removing foil for last 15 minutes of baking.
- Cool on cooling rack at least 1 hour to allow filling to thicken.
- Cut into slices, serve and enjoy with some yummy ice cream!!
Homemade whole wheat pancakes that are healthy and delicious, and you won’t feel so guilty to eat! These pancakes are made with whole wheat flour and they were so fluffy! To me the fluffier the pancakes the prettier and tastier they are (I know weird lol). I hope that you enjoy this recipe, I know there’s so many different recipes and variations to this, and if you have one I would love to know how you make yours, so I can try different variations!
xoxo I hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients, and set aside.
- Mix together all of the wet ingredients minus the lemon juice in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredient mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until everything is combined to a batter texture
- Add the lemon juice to the batter an stir it in a couple of times
- Don’t overmix your batter, it will prevent the pancakes from rising and becoming fluffy
- Let your batter sit while your pan heats up
- Scoop your batter into the pan and spread out evenly
- Cook until you see bubbles form around the edges of the pancake and gently flip, and cook until it’s lightly brown.
- Cut up some fresh strawberries or your favorite fruit, and pour on some maple syrup
Voila!! You have yummy healthy pancakes!!
for this particular recipe I used a redi-made dough from whole foods…I didn’t have time to actually make homemade dough like I usually do. But I love the dough from whole foods!!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped (best if chopped thinly, but not too thin)
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10 fresh basil leaves, washed, dried, then chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
to make the pizza:
- mix together olive oil, garlic, salt and tomatoes. Let marinate for about 15 min.
- preheat oven to 400.
- brush each pizza crust with some of the tomato oil marinade.
- sprinkle the pizzas with mozzarella cheeses.
- place tomatoes on top of cheese, then sprinkle with shredded basil and bake for about 6 minutes
- remove pizza from the over and sprinkle parmesan, and feta cheese.
- bake 10-12 min or until slightly golden and bubbly!